Monday, February 13, 2012

Love as I see it.

Tomorrow is the day that makes some people so excited to receive it and unwrap its gifts and the same day that causes some stress. My sister owns a flower shop,Mercedes Flowers,
in Austin. I assume she may be one of the stressed ones. ;-) I am a sucker for love. Always have been. I was the little girl that watched Beauty and the Beast and dreamt of the day I would wear that yellow dress and dance with my beast. If you have seen the film you know once he let his light shine he wasn't a beast at all. I mean pre end transformation. Things are never quite what they seem. ;-) Yes I saw it when it was re released this year. ;-)


You could say I was born to love. I believe we all are. From the moment we arrive we receive it as we are held with love in the arms of our parents. I do realize not everyone has that gift upon arrival and that certain upbringings can make love confusing. What it is, how to give it, receive it etc.? I have been on a journey to understand love as I see it since then and continue to be on it now. What I saw growing up and assumed was love is not my understanding of love now. I have so much faith in there being a plan for all of us if we can have the patience to let it unfold that I have come to clearly understand that what is meant to happen no one can stop from happening and what is not you can't for the life of you force to happen. Quite frankly who wants to force love? Let's face it at one point or another we all may have. ;-) That is what I believe can cause confusion of what love is. Advertisers, movies and songs can have you believing that love should be fought for. That you should make someone see you and that it should hurt.

If that was love then I would sit it out but I have had the fortune of living a life full of wonderful journeys that have taught me otherwise. I had been thinking about my ex a lot yesterday as he broke up with me two days before Valentine's a few years back. We tried to stay friends but there was too much pain still present. We aren't friends now as we were before we were a couple but I did reach out to him to let him know how grateful I was that he had loved me enough to let me go. Whether he was aware of that or not that is ultimately what he did. He set me free so I could find the love I deserved and in the process gifted himself the same. There's no point in hashing the past but it was clear how incompatible we were. It was like MTV dating PBS. ;-) Whether he knew it or not he did what one of my favorite love songs (when you love a woman) suggests, "Give her wings when she needs to fly," and that is what I see as love. The ability to let someone go and wish them well.

Is it always what you want or easy? Maybe not but for me if you love someone, anyone- friend, family, lover and you want their happiness you set them free and in doing so you allow so much for yourself. You allow the ultimate kind of love to exist, unconditional. Tomorrow may be sold as a couple's day but I don't believe that for one bit. If we are love, were created in love and born to love then why would we limit it to love between two people in a romantic sense? To me tomorrow and everyday for that matter is about love for yourself and therefore everyone. Don't get me wrong. I am a sucker for a great love song and I happen to be hooked on my pandora Celine Dion station where all the best love songs play. Yes of course I dream of the day someone can look into my eyes see me and love me as this song says "Just they way you are." Everyone deserves to have someone see that in them. Life is too short to be asked to be someone else. Hold out for this and you will live no conditions in love.


But if like me tomorrow no one is sending you roses, candy or cards may I suggest opening your eyes to all the love that is already around instead of focusing on what is not in your life. Cheryl Richardson suggested buying cards and writing "you are loved" on them and putting them on strangers cars on their windshield, in a book at the library etc. When I go to my p.o. box I will try to insert some there. Get creative! Like me I hope you are able to see that yes while having someone hold you close that loves you just the way you are is an AMAZING feeling it is not the only way to love. Love is all around. You have friends? You are loved! That is just one example and the ways to see it are endless. I hope tomorrow and always you can open your heart to the possibilities of how it can and does show up in your life! I hope you love yourself enough to accept only unconditional love and nothing else. I hope when you look up, outside, within and all around you see it in you, in the sunrise, in your breath, a strangers timely helping hand, a friend's smile, a child laughter, your car that takes you places, the roof over your head and then some. Love as I see it is your ability to be grateful for what is and now what we are sold should be. A new day is always waiting to shine light into the darkness if you allow it to. I hope you do! Happy LOVE day...and year! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment