Thursday, July 12, 2012

Here comes a fighter.

By society's standards I should or could have amounted to nothing. A Latina raised by a single mother in a country that was not my Mother's with a father who left when I was seven and no college education. If I played by the rules society affords me I might as well have thrown in the towel the day I saw my father leave in his station wagon. But it's those very moments that can define us in the best of ways. I may not have had the easiest of lives but what would I know of my most powerful always present companions, God and the universe, had everything always gone right. I woke up contemplating this because I am still dancing through the tail end of the storm seeing where this tornado is leading once it fully decides to stop. Even once it does life with all it's beauty will still happen on its terms. I choose life because it chooses me. Everyday that I wake up and take my first breath there is wow factor to it for me. I'm here!! It's a miracle. To me it is and if you had walked in my shoes you 'd understand but let's just say Neil waking up as I see death now and transitioning into existence on another realm impacts my view. Somedays I am exhausted like I was last night. It happens when the signs aren't ready to reveal their meaning and I try to decipher them before it's time. So basically when I try to rush the magic. I won't lie. I'm tired! But in all honesty I'm done being so and my conviction solely but surely returned. It was a road you'll see in my documentary because while 2011 may have been the straw that broke LA's back and detoured me to Austin a lot had to happen for me to be ready. Years of preparation. In those years I had to keep up a good fight. I had to know what only I could know because God and the universe where whispering to only me. I am not the labels given to me by society based on my circumstances, which are out my control. I am indeed who I choose to become not in spite of those circumstances but because of them. I choose the labels as I define me and will always keep up a good fight and redefine all that has been defined for me. Even if that means that I have to surround my most beloved bound by blood journey companion who is now closer in distance with love to help dis spell their fear of their supposed journey of demise I am on. It surely hurts when darkness prevails in those you love the most and comes after you, but like I told it, you WILL NOT take them or me down on my watch. Thank you light for showing yourself to counter attack in Ruben's words. I second all he said. "AND THE TYPE OF ARMOR THAT WILL NEVER TAKE DEFEAT AS COMPROMISE. RETREAT, MAYBE BUT, ONLY TO GATHER YOURSELF UP FOR A BIG CHARGE INTO THE BREACH. WE LOVE YOU." I'm back because I was reminded to breathe and then rescued which in the process led to me growing stronger and in the end I became a fighter once more. Do you know why I will succeed darkness? God and the universe know what your ego fails to allow you to see. My fight is not solely for me. It's for humanity as we are all bound by ties that existence gifts us and the biggest one is the light. But I'm preaching to the choir. You already know, after all this isn't the first time you loose. If that means everyday I have to blast this song on my walks to remind you darkness and me than so be it as its words could not be more true. I am coming back because I am ready to reveal the gifts of my circumstances and be the label I choose to be, a loving fighter most of all child of God and the universe. That title carries enough brightness to brighten even the darkest of souls. Shame on you for preying on the weak. Pick on someone your own size. Yes I see you and I am no longer scared of you. Dear reader, I am the chosen one which means so are you. Let's keep up the fight for eachother! See you on the battlefield aka this precious gift called life! This fighter has brought to life these words "Give em hell, turn their heads. Gonna live life 'til we're dead. Give me scars, give me pain. Then they'll say to me, say to me, say to me there goes the fighter, there goes the fighter. Here comes the fighter. That's what they'll say to me, say to me, say to me, THIS ONE'S A FIGHTER." P.S. (c) Cheryl Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment