Thursday, August 20, 2009

Coincidence? I think not!

If you are reading this I suggest you grab a cup of chamomile or drink of your preference, sit down, and relax because it's going to be a long one. Some days like today I struggle to let myself be human. I am very open about the fact that I have spent four years in therapy and the only reason you may not know this is because you haven't seen one of my four monologues in The Art of Being. I am open about it because a lot of the times people depict only their success and happiness but not the road and challenges that led them to be who they are. The everyday moments and exactly what it entails to be human or as I see it a soul having a human experience.

Today started off as a good day laughing whole heartily with Shari but I chose to let it bring me down. I say chose because I am fully aware that what I can not control is what happens in life but what I can control is how I handle it. There's also the struggle to let myself go with my emotions some days and feel what I feel. Like I am doing so today. Today I am allowing myself to be disappointed in people. I am because even though I truly believe an expectation is a premeditated resentment and only hurts the person who has it, I was human and had them.

I whole heartily believe that in order for us to continue to evolve as a human race we need each other badly! I don't believe in this rat race society has created. I am saddened by the thought that what you want you can only have by taking others down. That competitive mentality that what someone else has you need to have too and even a better version of it only for you. Don't even get me started on how upsetting I think the marketing to our society is. I feel we live in a world that says the more you have the better and more worthy you are. I find that to be the opposite of what my journey has allowed me to see as my truth. I know first hand that when I share my journey and experiences with others I end up more satisfied than when I get a new outfit. Seriously!! Let's just hope the staff at Glamour isn't reading this. KIDDING! They know this about me because it is my essence.

Ah essence. I am choosing to be disappointed today because I want people's essence to be what I what them to be and not what they are and therefore I am wanting them to be more of something. Giving in this case, more giving. Anyone who knows me knows how I give in life and I won't tell you what I do since I like for most of it to stay between me, God, and the universe unless I have to recruit people for it. I will tell you that if you TRULY want to be the change you wish to see in the world you can go here, http://www.volunteermatch.org/ to find your perfect match.

Anyway I am helping coordinate a clean up the LA River event here in Los Angeles. I mass emailed people, posted about it on facebook, and was coordinating with another non-profit I volunteer for to get some of their volunteers there to help out. Needless to say the response was next to none. Three people from the non-profit responded with a No. My friends have barely responded and no one on facebook responded. I am NOT saying that everyone has to do good in this life but what I am saying is it'd be nice if people put "beliefs" into actions. I am finding that more often than not people stay the intention so today I have kept reminding myself to look at those who are doing. Coca Cola who is putting the event on, the foundation behind the event, and others like me who I will meet Saturday.

But since I am human I have been juggling between the feelings of sadness and gratitude all day. As I was feeling overwhelmed I thought I wish I could talk to Jennifer because I know she would get it. I have all kinds of friends, AMAZING friends but I only have one soul sister. Someone who sees the beauty in the world and miracle and privilege that it is to be its inhabitants. Well sure enough as I was thinking that the phone rang and it was Jennifer. All I could think of was thank you God and universe!! I answered and she wasn't there. I thought okay her phone "accidentally" dialed me so I called back to let her know. I told her what happened and how I was feeling and then I had exactly what I needed to have. A conversation that was a reminder that there are other people in the world who genuinely care for the planet, universe, and the well being of others even strangers. Here I am with Jennifer and her daughters the evening of The Art of Being in Chicago.
Photobucket

The universe prompted the call and that prompted me to remember to be grateful for what is and not what I wish was. To be grateful that she came to see the play in Chicago when I took it there and that we became fast friends and most of that I have someone in this gigantic universe, where I feel like a who (Horton hears a who), that shares in the same beliefs and values the gift of life even with its challenges. This is call was no coincidence but a reassurance that what I choose to believe in (God and the universe) if I allow them to always hold my best interest at heart.

So just for today I was allowing expectations to take over but most of all I was reminded that I am HUMAN and being a soul living a human experience entails that I feel what it is to be in existence. Most of all I was reminded to trust that those who are meant to be at the event Saturday will be there! Those whose journey is leading them and they are open to being guided will be guided there but most of all I know that everything is at it should be. After all one of my favorite quotes says, "Whether or not it is clear to you no doubt the universe is unfolding just as it should." So I am letting go and letting God because quite frankly not letting go and being dragged isn't truly what I want. Never underestimate, "A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

ONE THING MY JOURNEY HAS DEFINITELY TAUGHT ME IS THAT IF YOU TAKE CARE OF THE UNIVERSE THE UNIVERSE TAKES CARE OF YOU!! PLEASE COME SATURDAY IF YOUR SOUL, ESSENCE, AND EVERY PART OF YOU DESIRES TO BE OF SERVICE TO THIS BEAUTIFUL PLANET WE CALL HOME! JOIN US SATURDAY AUGUST 22 FROM 9AM TO 12 AT THE SEPULVEDA BASINAT 6300 BALBOA BLVD. VAN NUYS. COCA COLA IS MAKING A DONATION TO WWW.FOLAR.ORG. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment