Monday, August 31, 2009

Girls just having fun!

I have a little sister through Big Brother Big Sister. When I tell people it is usually followed by some praise for me. Its hard to take it in because they have no idea how much she does for me too. This past weekend was the first time she was allowed to stay with me the entire weekend. Big Brother Big Sister's have a long list of rules I am happy to comply with and one of them did not make it possible for us to have a girls weekend until now. Here is SOME of what I learned this weekend. Teenage girls eat like they are a bottomless well, stay up until 1am, love a particular boy but are afraid to tell him, when gently guided will try to dance again and get over what anyone else in class thinks, have endless energy and make you feel so young, carefree and loving! When I hit my toes for a third time, same ones, Zoey said I think you need a hug. Can't wait to have my own kids! Here we are getting ready to head to salsa class. Like Big Sister like Little Sister. ;-)
Photobucket

Most of all she lets me be me and I hope that by mere example I allow her to be her and in the end we are girls just having fun, living in the moment, and learning from eachother. Take a look. You can watch a full screen version by scrolling over the right lower portion of the video screen and clicking on the square screen. Something I learned from watching Zoey this weekend. ;-) If you are interested in applying to be a big brother or sister go to http://www.bbbs.org
. I have to say I was inspired by my friend Jerry who let me hang out with him and his little brother Alvin YEARS ago! Thanks for the great example Jerry! I miss you!!



Last but not least after our wild night of dancing in my living room we went to my class. She struggled and was really hard on herself but with some loving guidance we got her dancing again. My teacher and I pretended it was going to be just us and then...well you'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment